A Name Upon The Wall

Tonight we have a poem sent to Celestial Brotherhood by Past Master Ken Baril. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. It involves something I hold very dear to my heart, answering the call to this great nation. Thank you Brother Baril for the great insight and the conversation via E-mail. 

AG


A Name Upon The Wall


Come a little closer child,
Stand straight, stand proud, stand tall.
And place your tiny fingers
On that name etched upon the Wall.

Please don’t shed a tear for me,
I am happy where I rest.
My country called, I answered,
And I served with all the best.

 My, you have grown through the years
But you’re still my little girl.
I cherish the lock of hair you left with me,
That beautiful, long, blonde, curl.

I see you have two small boys, now,
I hope they never get the call
 To fight to protect others freedoms
And have their names etched upon a Wall.

So, my child, although you’ve grown,
Come closer, stand straight, stand proud, stand tall.
And place your slender fingers,
On your Daddy’s name, etched upon the Wall.